CBS Television Studios has issued a statement following Pauley Perrette's cryptic tweets about "tabloid articles" and allegations of assault following her final NCIS episode last week.
"Pauley Perrette had a terrific run on NCIS and we are all going to miss her," a spokesperson for the studio said in a statement given to ET on Tuesday. "Over a year ago, Pauley came to us with a workplace concern. We took the matter seriously and worked with her to find a resolution. We are committed to a safe work environment on all our shows."
Following the release of the statement, the 49-year-old tweeted, "I want to thank my studio and network CBS. They have always been so good to me and always had my back."
On Monday, Perrette sent a series of tweets alleging the existence of false reporting about her and urging fans to “tell someone” if they find themselves in an unsafe situation.
“I refused to go low, that's why I've never told publicly what happened,” Perrette said in her first tweet on Sunday night. “But there are tabloid articles out there that are telling total lies about me. If you believe them? Please leave me alone. You clearly don't know me. (Sorry guys, had to be said).”
While it’s unclear what articles the longtime NCIS star was referring to, she continued tweeting early Monday morning, explaining that she had kept her “silence” in the hopes of protecting her crew and co-workers’ jobs.
“Maybe I'm wrong for not ‘spilling the beans’ Telling the story, THE TRUTH,” she mused. “I feel I have to protect my crew, jobs and so many people. But at what cost? I.don't know. Just know, I'm trying to do the right thing, but maybe silence isn't the right thing about crime. I'm... Just... ?”
“There is a ‘machine' keeping me silent, and feeding FALSE stories about me,” Perrette continued. “A very rich, very powerful publicity ‘machine’. No morals, no obligation to truth, and I'm just left here, reading the lies, trying to protect my crew. Trying to remain calm. He did it.”
Perrette’s final tweet alleges that she was the victim of bullying and “multiple physical assaults.”
“I've been supporting anti-bullying programs forever,” she wrote. “But now I KNOW because it was ME! If it's school or work, that you're required to go to? It's horrifying. I left. Multiple Physical Assaults. I REALLY get it now. Stay safe. Nothing is worth your safety. Tell someone.”
Perrette’s final NCIS episode as beloved forensic scientist Abby Sciuto aired last week, and the actress recently opened up to ET about leaving the TV lab behind.
“I will definitely miss Abby,” she admitted. “And a world without Abby is strange...It's been quite a journey.”
Throughout the military procedural's 15 seasons, the actress’ character garnered a devoted legion of fans, who have written letters and reached out on social media to tell Perrette just how much Abby means to them. And the feeling is mutual.
“I say, ‘I love her as much as you do,' which is true,” the actress said of her response to all the fan love. “And I say, 'thank you,' and I say, ‘I love you, guys,’ because I do. I love the Abby fans, there is nobody like them.”
As for her next career move, Perrette said that she was taking some time to relax, following a decade and a half on one of TV’s most-watched shows. “I have been in either pajamas or a bathing suit for almost a month,” she joked.
See more on her NCIS departure in the video below.
RELATED: How 'NCIS' Said Goodbye to Pauley Perrette in Her Final Episode
PICS: Michael Weatherly Gets Emotional Over Pauley Perrette's Final Episode of 'NCIS'
EXCLUSIVE: Pauley Perrette Opens Up About Saying Goodbye to ‘NCIS’ After 15 Seasons